How can RAYNET help with GDPR?
We have added a new GDPR module which allows you to assign legal titles to contacts in RAYNET. GDPR module can be enabled in Settings --> Add-ons. The next step allows you to create legal titles directly.
Simply put, legal titles represent the reasons why you process personal data. You can find several preset titles and you can create your own ones too in RAYNET. The template shows the reason for data processing and what data the setting concerns.
Assigning legal titles to individual contacts
The four letters G-D-P-R will be everywhere you look from May on. You will find the GDPR card in entities after enabling the extension:
On a separate GDPR card, you assign specific legal titles to contacts. You can also see a complete overview of all active legal titles and all titles (including inactive ones) that are relevant for the particular record.
→ Mass edit (of tags for example) is an already well known RAYNET feature. Mass edit of legal titles (assigning/removing titles) works the same way. You must first add the GDPR column into the list view (find more information in video at 8:20).
List views and their export to .xlsx. You will see just a basic description of given approval and you will be able to view more information after clicking the detailed view option. If the record contains multiple legal titles, not all of these titles will be listed in the column. They will be shown when you hover the mouse over the pop-up window. All approvals in the .xlsx export are divided by commas.
New actions for each entity
The main goal of GDPR is safer personal data procession. RAYNET incorporated the new GDPR features into the system smoothly. Three new actions are now available for each record.
1. Data anonymization → This feature makes it possible to permanently rename all personal data of records so that it is not possible to match them with a specific person.
2. Personal data export → If your employee or your client asks for a record of personal data that you collect about them, you can use this function to export the record with complete information in the .docx format which can also be saved as pdf.
3. Data export for transfer → If your employee leaves the company and asks you for personal information that you record about them in order to transfer this information to the new employer, you can export all their personal data into a machine-readable JSON format.
3 most frequently asked questions
When someone asks you about your GDPR solution, you can mention the following features.
1. How did RAYNET implement GDPR into the system?
GDPR module which can be enabled and disabled at any time and which fully covers the following: administrator duties preparation for personal data register (for both clients and employees).
2. What do I do when I get asked why I keep record of personal data?
Legal titles of the register – reasons why you keep record of personal data – can be created in the module. The basic titles are preset for you, you can create your custom ones on your own. Every title can be applied to all records across the system. You can view titles at every record, assign a new title to your records or remove invalid titles. You can mass edit titles thanks to the mass edit function and search by titles in CRM.
3. What if I get asked how I fulfil rights of the data subjects
The goal of GDPR is to make the personal data processing more transparent. The regulation offered users a wide range of new rights and RAYNET covers all of them.